Assistant Researcher II
Large Scale Hydrology, Hydroclimatology, Drought Monitoring and Prediction
- "Assessing North American multimodel ensemble (NMME) seasonal forecast skill to assist in the early warning of anomalous hydrometeorological events over East Africa"
- Annual Drought in California: Association with Monthly Precipitation and Climate Phases
- Temperature Impacts on the Water Year 2014 Drought in California
- Using constructed analogs to improve the skill of March-April-May precipitation forecasts in equatorial East Africa
- A seasonal agricultural drought forecast system for food-insecure regions of East Africa .
- Agricultural drought analysis and famine early warning: FEWS NET land data assimilation system
- On the sources of global land surface hydrologic predictability.
- Multi-RCM ensemble downscaling of NCEP CFS winter season forecasts: Implications for seasonal hydrologic forecast skill. (Early online publication)
- Do climate forecast system (CFSv2) forecasts improve seasonal soil moisture prediction?
- Value of medium range weather forecasts in the improvement of seasonal hydrologic prediction skill
- Uncertainties in North American Land Data Assimilation Systems over the Contiguous United States
- Seasonal hydrologic prediction in the United States: Understanding the role of initial hydrologic conditions and seasonal climate forecast skill
- Surface hydrology in Grijalva river basin: Calibration of the Variable Infiltration Capacity model (VIC)
- Drought monitoring for Washington state: Indicators and Applications
- Forecasting Surface Hydrology in North America, Border Climate Summary, July 13th: 1-5.
- Assessment of drought due to historic climate variability and projected future climate change in the Midwestern United States
- Use of a standardized runoff index for characterizing hydrologic drought
- Shukla, S., C. Funk and F. Robertson. 2014: Experimental seasonal hydrological forecast system for East Africa. 94th AMS Annual Meeting, Atlanta, GA, Feb. 2014.
- Shukla, S., A. Mcnally, G. Husak and C. Funk: Seasonal drought forecast system for food-insecure regions of East Africa, EGU General Assembly, Vienna, April 27-May 2, 2014.
- Shukla, S., A. Mcnally, B. Narapusetty, G. Husak, C. Funk, C. P. Lidard and J. Verdin: Seasonal drought forecast system for food-insecure regions of East Africa, 7th Intl. Conf. on Global Water and Energy Cycle, The Hauge, July 14-17th, 2014.