Narcisa is a visiting researcher from the Environmental Studies Department at Southern Oregon University, where is an assistant professor of Environmental Science. She has joined UCSB in Fall 2011 to work with Dr. David Lopez-Carr in the Human-Environment Dynamics lab and Dr. Greg Husak and Chris Funk from the Climate Hazards Group on land cover change and population vulnerability to climate change in Africa. Narcisa has recently completed her PhD at University of Florida where she worked on an interdisciplinary research project in a semi-arid transboundary basin in the larger Zambezi Basin in Southern Africa, focused on understanding the relative importance of spatial and temporal changes in flooding and fire regimes in driving landscape and vegetation dynamics. Her current research focus lies in linking biophysical and remotely-sensed data with human health data to map population vulnerability to climate change and ecosystem degradation in eastern and southern Africa.
- Pricope, N.G. and Binford, M.W. 2011. A spatio-temporal analysis of fire recurrence and extent for semi-arid savanna ecosystems using moderate resolution satellite imagery. Journal of Environmental Management (Accepted pending revisions; second review).
- Pricope, N.G. 2011. Variable-source flood pulsing in a semi-arid transboundary watershed: the Chobe River, Botswana and Namibia. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment (In Review).
- Pricope, N.G. 2010. Resilience. In Encyclopedia of Geography, Ed. Barney Warf. Vol. 5, pages 2437-2441 SAGE Publications Inc.
- Pricope, N.G. 2010. International watershed management. In Encyclopedia of Geography, Ed. Barney Warf. Vol. 3, pages 1618-1620. SAGE Publications Inc.
- Pricope, N.G. 2009. Assessment of Spatial Patterns of Sediment Transport and Delivery for Soil and Water Conservation Programs. Journal of Spatial Hydrology 9 (1) Spring 2009, 21-46.
- All, J. and Pricope, N. G. 2008. How can sustainable land management contribute to mitigating climate change? Natural Resources Forum 32: 251-255.
- Pricope, N.G. and Gaughan, A.E. 2012. Terrestrial Ecosystems: conflicts and opportunities. Ch. 7 in A Systems' Approach to Natural Resources Management in southern Africa. Brown, Mark (editor).
- Gaughan, A.E., Pricope, N., Venne, L. 2012. Biophysical drivers of ecosystem variability in southern Africa. Ch. 5 in A Systems Approach to Natural Resource Management in Southern Africa. Brown, Mark (editor).
- Pricope, N.G., del Valle, H.S., Montoro, J.A., and Timmins, T. 2011. States and Trends of the World's Drylands, Grasslands, and Savannas; The United Nations Environment Program GEO5 – Chapter 3: Land.